These first two reports show you exactly what your learners are doing. Clicking on the Deep Dive button will bring you to the appropriate report. Here’s a labelled chart of exactly what these reports look like:
Let’s go over each label:
- Report type. Clicking here will let you change to any of the following reports
- Overdue Learners – Shows all assignments that are overdue
- Incomplete Learners – Shows all assignments that have not been completed, including overdue assignments
- Completed Learners – Shows completed assignments
- Sign-in Report – Shows when your users have been signing in and how often. We’ll go over this below.
- Time frame. This will be inherited from the Insights page but can be changed here as well.
- Fine Tune AKA Filters. We’ll go over these below.
- Export CSV. This will export a spreadsheet of your current report.
- Column labels. These can be clicked to sort the associated column.
- Learner name. This can be clicked to go directly to the Learner’s account
- Course name. This can be clicked to show the course summary.
A couple of quick tips:
- If you’re not seeing what you expect, make sure the time frame is set to All Time.
- Exporting to CSV shows more information than what is shown on the site. It shows things like e-mail addresses, group names, custom fields, etc.
- You don’t have to go back to Insights every time you want a new report. You can use the switcher at the top.
All of the three Learners reports are very similar, though the details might differ a little.
Finally, let’s talk about Fine Tuning.
To refine what is displayed in your report, click the Fine Tune link . You can refine your report by group, program, course, tag, team, or learner. To select a refinement field, click a field button .
Choose Refinement Options
To select refinement options, click the option that corresponds with the item you want to include . To see more options, click the Show Next button . When you are finished, click the Done link .
To add an additional refinement, click the Add another refinement link . To apply your refinements, click the Apply button .