This section addresses hazardous communication (HazCom) – employees “right-to-know” in the workplace.
Based on an employee’s right to be informed as well as taught protocols on any potential health hazardous encountered in the workplace, Hazardous Communication (HazCom) affects most all industries. As it stands now, OSHA deems HazCom applies to any and all chemicals an employee can reasonably be expected to come into contact with (including emergency case situations). Employees must be provided the necessary tools and traning to protect themselves, both initially and as new hazardous chemicals are introduced.
HazCom Program Requirements
- An explanation of HazCom and what it entails
- Where hazardous chemicals are present, the risks involved & protective protocol
- Location of the chemical inventory, MSDS, written hazard evaluation procedures, and communications program
- Knowledge of labeling systems
- Understanding labels and…