Workplace safety and health orientation begins on the first day of initial employment or job transfer. Each employee has access to a copy of this safety manual, through his or her
supervisor, for review and future reference. Supervisors will ask questions of employees and answer employees’ questions to ensure knowledge and understanding of safety rules, policies, and job-specific procedures described in our workplace safety program manual. All employees will be instructed by their supervisors that compliance with the safety rules described in the workplace safety manual is required.
- Supervisors will initially train employees on how to perform assigned job tasks safely.
- Supervisors will carefully review with each employee the specific safety rules, policies, and procedures that are applicable and that are described in the workplace safety manual.
- Supervisors will give employees verbal instructions and specific directions on how to do the work safely.
- Supervisors will observe employees performing the work. If necessary, the supervisor will provide a demonstration using safe work practices, or remedial instruction to correct training deficiencies before an employee is permitted to do the work without supervision.
- All employees will receive safe operating instructions on seldom-used or new equipment before using the equipment.
- Supervisors will review safe work practices with employees before permitting the performance of new, non-routine, or specialized procedures.
Periodic Retraining of Employees
All employees will be retrained periodically on safety rules, policies and procedures, and when changes are made to the workplace safety manual.
Individual employees will be retrained after the occurrence of a work-related injury caused by an unsafe act or work practice, and when a supervisor observes employees displaying unsafe acts, practices, or behaviors….